2017 Board of Directors Elections - Candidate Info: Brandon Bugge

• May 03, 2017 9:09 AM
    Message # 4812181
    Anne Nicklin (Administrator)

Brandon Bugge

Green Lynx

What is your experience or connection with recovering and reusing building materials, C&D waste reduction and recycling, and related topics?

-Owned a business in Montana for 6 years comprised of: jobsite waste removal, deconstruction, a 6 acre materials recycling and recovery yard, and a 2,500 SF reuse store.
    -Volunteered at Sonoma County ReStore for 1 1/2 years
    -Chief Operating Officer for GreenLynx since 2013- a deconstruction & reuse business in the California Bay Area
    - Vice chairman of the board for the BMRA for the last year   

What is your experience with the BMRA?

I became aware of the BMRA in 2007.  I attended my first conference in 2011 in New Haven, CT. and most recently attended the 2016 conference in Raleigh, NC.  I joined the board of directors at the BMRA as Vice Chairman in 2016.  The organization and conferences have been a valuable resource and have provided a great opportunity to keep current on what is new in the industry.

Why do you want to serve on the board of directors?

I am very passionate about the recovery and reuse of our planet's resources. I find it rewarding to volunteer my time to an organization that supports what I value. It is important to me to help deconstruction and reuse retail become a standard operating procedure. Additionally, serving on the board would be a great opportunity for me to grow and learn from my peers who are as passionate as I am.

The BMRA has identified a number of programmatic and growth areas where the organization most needs assistance. How would you rate your experience in the following areas?

Accounting I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Legal I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Marketing I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Fundraising I don't have much experience in this area
    Organizational Development I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Website Management I don't have much experience in this area
    Networking I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Event Coordination I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Membership Management I don't have much experience in this area
    Grant Writing I don't have much experience in this area

Any other qualifications, information, or other remarks that you would like to include?

Being on the BMRA board of directors for the last year has been a great learning experience. Learning how the BMRA  board  operates and supports the deconstruction and reuse community has been, and continues to be, a valuable learning experience. After having served one year on the board I feel I will continue to  be a strong contributing member to the BMRA.

The Building Materials Reuse Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. 4410 N. Ravenswood Ave. Chicago, IL 60647 (773) 340-2672