2017 Board of Directors Elections - Candidate Info: Pam Howland

• May 03, 2017 8:41 AM
    Message # 4812124
    Anne Nicklin (Administrator)

Pam Howland

Old Window Workshop
    link to bio

What is your experience or connection with recovering and reusing building materials, C&D waste reduction and recycling, and related topics?

My work focuses on creating jobs especially for low-income women through restoring wooden windows and preventing landfill waste of good heartwood, handblown glass and hardware.  We work to eliminate the unnecessary replacement of windows for negligible energy savings.   

What is your experience with the BMRA?

I joined the Board in 2014 and attended the Raleigh NC DECON 16 conference.  At two annual board meetings I witnessed the degree of mission-driven sharing and support from colleagues.

Why do you want to serve on the board of directors?

Having had the opportunity to work with this group of passionate professionals who encompass the whole continuum of the industry, I see the potential for growing the impact of Reuse to significantly improve the economic and environmental future of cities.

The BMRA has identified a number of programmatic and growth areas where the organization most needs assistance. How would you rate your experience in the following areas?

Accounting I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Legal I don't have much experience in this area
    Marketing I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Fundraising I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Organizational Development I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Website Management I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Networking I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Event Coordination I don't have much experience in this area
    Membership Management I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Grant Writing This is what I do professionally

Any other qualifications, information, or other remarks that you would like to include?

My background in increasing opportunity for women in the trades offers me models that I would like to share with Reuse entrepreneurs across the country.

The Building Materials Reuse Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. 4410 N. Ravenswood Ave. Chicago, IL 60647 (773) 340-2672