2017 Board of Directors Elections - Candidate Info: H. Peter Curran

• May 03, 2017 8:04 AM
    Message # 4812077
    Anne Nicklin (Administrator)

H. Peter Curran

H. Peter Curran L.L.C. - Appraisals

What is your experience or connection with recovering and reusing building materials, C&D waste reduction and recycling, and related topics?

Deconstruction appraiser for about 12 years. Personal property appraiser for over 35 years.

What is your experience with the BMRA?

Joined in 2010-2011. Gave presentation at Decon '11.

Why do you want to serve on the board of directors?

I have done decon appraisals in over 20 states for a wide range of charities.
    Might be able to bring in new members. Also have extensive experience selling used stuff such as furniture, architectural artifacts and antiques.

The BMRA has identified a number of programmatic and growth areas where the organization most needs assistance. How would you rate your experience in the following areas?

Peter Curran
    Accounting I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Legal I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Marketing I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Fundraising I don't have much experience in this area
    Organizational Development I don't have much experience in this area
    Website Management I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Networking I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Event Coordination I have worked extensively in this area and feel competent
    Membership Management I'm familiar with the basic concepts and willing to learn more
    Grant Writing I don't have much experience in this area

Any other qualifications, information, or other remarks that you would like to include?

Accredited member of the Appraisers Association of America

The Building Materials Reuse Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. 4410 N. Ravenswood Ave. Chicago, IL 60647 (773) 340-2672